Yingling’s 4th Annual Student Art Contest, 2010
Thanks to the creative students at local elementary schools, the Yingling’s lobby is filled with dazzling art from our fourth annual art contest. Once again, our area artists have blown us away with their talent.
The theme for this year’s contest was Circus Cars. The students outdid themselves with drawings of elephants, ringleaders, trapeze artists, clowns and other circus regulars driving some very inventive vehicles.
While we loved all the pieces of art that were sent in, we had to choose a few winners. The awards ceremony took place at Yingling’s on May 13 —a day later than planned due to a troublesome tornado warning. The Best in Show winner and a winner from each grade were each presented with a cash prize by WIBW TV’s Ralph Hipp.
All the students who took part in the art contest received a certificate for putt-putt golf as a thank you for sharing their talent.
Thank you again to all the students, teachers and art teachers who have made these art contests so much fun past four years. We can’t wait to see what our young artists come up with next year.
Winning entries were:
- Best in Show - Casey Roma, Grade 5, Pleasant Hill Elementary
- Kindergarten Winner - Megan Bloom, North Fairview Elementary
- 1st Grade - Ella Kelly, West Indianola Elementary
- 2nd Grade - Larisa Ross, North Fairview Elementary
- 3rd Grade - Carly Bredow, West Indianola Elementary
- 4th Grade - Courtney Wohletz, West Indianola Elementary
- 5th Grade - Colton Sturgeon, North Fairview Elementary
- 6th Grade - Molly Mulqueen, Pleasant Hill Elementary
Be sure to check out the winning artwork created by these talented young artists during your next visit to Yingling’s Auto Service